Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be hard to notice because of how slowly hearing loss usually advances. Unlike children, who get routine hearing tests in school, adults seldom even consider scheduling an appointment. So why should your hearing be any less important than your eyesight?
It’s worthwhile to get routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing problems can be revealed by everyday situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to turn up the volume on the TV? Do noisy environments make interactions hard? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing test.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years thereafter.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing loss, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations provide a frame of reference for future hearing examination comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing exams can discover problems early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for quick intervention and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can on occasion point to underlying medical disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Addressing these conditions could improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing test with us today to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.